This service is offered by Humanities to the local division.
What is it?
Beyond what is provided by the standard desktop service envelope, Humanities Computing will provide a best effort to meet any desktop support requirements in support of the research and instructional needs of the division.
How much does it cost?
This service is provided at no charge.
How do I get help?
Online / IT Request (itrequest.ucsc.edu)
By utilizing the web, your request will be automatically associated with your division and visible to technicians. Request made via the web will be processed during normal hours of operation. Using IT Request via the web interface is the most efficient method to log and process service requests.
Phone (459-4357 / 459-HELP)
Phone service is available during regular hours of operation. Messages left during off hours will be processed the next business day.
Email request will be processed during regular business hours, M-F 8AM to 5PM. These email requests are tracked as incident tickets in the IT Request system.
How is it supported?
Best effort support is provided by local IT staff and prioritized in accordance with the campus service level agreement:
- Significant risk to life and safety.
- Significant impact on the delivery of instruction.
- Significant or lasting impact on student academic performance.
- Significant risk to law, rule, or policy compliance.
- Academic and Administrative Calendar deadlines.
- Significant number of people affected.
- Percentage of total tasks that can no longer be performed by individuals.