This service is offered by Humanities to the local division.
What is it?
Humanities Computing offers a secure enclosed server rack with ample UPS backup power for the divisional servers as well as servers for specific faculty instructional or research needs. The rack has appropriate air flow with filtered air and is passively cooled. There is no generator power, so when the power is out for an extended period of time services hosted here will necessarily go down until power is restored. Advance notification will be provided for planned outages.
How much does it cost?
This service is provided at no charge.
How do I get help?
How is it supported?
Best effort support is provided by local IT staff and prioritized in accordance with the campus service level agreement:
- Significant risk to life and safety.
- Significant impact on the delivery of instruction.
- Significant or lasting impact on student academic performance.
- Significant risk to law, rule, or policy compliance.
- Academic and Administrative Calendar deadlines.
- Significant number of people affected.
- Percentage of total tasks that can no longer be performed by individuals.