For more information about this service offering, please visit: http://humanities.ucsc.edu/about/administration/computing/development-lab/index.html
This service is offered by Humanities to the local division.
What is it?
Humanities supports five graduate labs, one faculty development lab (5 iMacs with digital media equipment and software), and one instructional lab (25 macbook pros with projection) primarily supporting the Language Program but can be made available to faculty from other departments by arrangement.
How much does it cost?
This service is provided at no charge.
How do I get help?
How is it supported?
Best effort support is provided by local IT staff and prioritized in accordance with the campus service level agreement:
- Significant risk to life and safety.
- Significant impact on the delivery of instruction.
- Significant or lasting impact on student academic performance.
- Significant risk to law, rule, or policy compliance.
- Academic and Administrative Calendar deadlines.
- Significant number of people affected.
- Percentage of total tasks that can no longer be performed by individuals.